RINA Accountants & Advisors is growing its Client Advisory Services department. The person in this role will work directly with the head of the department to bring excellent client service to clients already engaged with RINA and to new clients as the department continues to grow.
This is a great opportunity to use your expertise to bring high value solutions to clients across industries, as well as to grow your skills and experience. The Bookkeeper/Accountant will work with a variety of clients. Communication and the ability to organize and prioritize one’s own time are critical factors for success.
In this position you will work with clients to provide bookkeeping services, prepare financial reporting, and work on special accounting or finance projects. You may be called upon to advise on accounting software, chart of accounts, or other related topics as they arise.
In this role you will spend some time each week traveling to client offices in San Francisco and the San Francisco Bay Area to meet with them face to face. You may also spend time working from one of RINA’s offices, or working remotely. RINA utilizes a team-based approach to serving its clients’ accounting and finance needs. You will be a part of multiple engagement teams serving clients. You should expect to collaborate in person with your engagement teams from time to time.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of:
· General ledger and processing financial information
· Double entry accounting
· Financial statements
We are looking for someone who:
· Interfaces and communicates with clients professionally and clearly
· Manages one’s own time to complete projects and deliverables across clients
· Demonstrates expertise through experience, education, and certifications
Routine activities may include:
· Process financial transactions in cloud and desktop accounting systems
· Prepare and reconcile bank and other accounts
· Produce accurate month end accounts
· Produce financial statements
· Support budget and forecast preparation
· Year-end accounting close procedures
· Manage purchase orders
· Interpret financial information to add value to our clients
This is a full-time position with benefits.
1) Certified Bookkeeper and/or other certifications (e.g., QuickBooks) that demonstrate a commitment to the bookkeeping career and continuous learning
2) Undergraduate degree in accounting, preferred
1) QuickBooks (working, hands-on knowledge of 2 or more accounting systems is a plus)
2) Excel - Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups
3) Proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
4) Excellent communication skills
5) An area of specialty (e.g., Payroll, A/P, Invoicing, etc.) is a plus
6) Experience with property tax, sales tax, or 1099 preparation or processing is a plus
1) 3-5 years of experience in a bookkeeping or accounting role
1) Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
2) Continual learner
3) Love working with numbers
4) Love working directly with clients
5) Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to distill and communicate complex ideas to internal and external stakeholders
6) Self-starter with the ability to work with, manage and prioritize multiple deadlines
· This position will split time between in-office, at-client-work-site, and remote work
· Must be able to travel in to work sites in San Francisco and the Bay Area