APM serves 40,000 Philadelphians annually, operates on a combined budget of more than $65 million, employs 400 multilingual, skilled and dedicated professionals and offers an extensive range of bilingual and culturally sensitive services at 13 sites throughout North Philadelphia and Montgomery County. Our programs include affordable housing, food security, employment assistance, early child education and daycare, foster care and adoption, substance abuse treatment and behavioral health for adults.
APM is seeking a fantastic Mental Health Professional to work as a member of the Mental Health Treatment Team evaluating clients’ needs:
- Coordinate Psychiatric Evaluations and Re- Evaluations.
- Complete comprehensive behavioral evaluations (CBE)
- Administers counseling / Therapy to clients.
- Follow up with client’s Initial Evaluation, focusing in the problem (s) diagnosed at the Initial interview.
- In collaboration with the client develop individualized Treatment Plans that are both observable and measurable
- Write DAP (data, assessment, plan) notes for individual and group therapy documenting client’s progress and/or regression.
- Ability to clearly and specifically document the services the client and family are receiving, ensure services align with the Treatment Plan and that goals are being followed.
- Ability to assess clients’ psychosocial needs and provide therapeutic support. Document the treatment experience in the clinical chart.
- Knowledge of community resources for referrals when necessary and document referral in the client’s chart.
- Coordination with client’s primary care physician and other agencies involved in the care of the client.
- Work in collaboration with the treatment team and the client in the development of discharge and aftercare plans.
- Alert other professional members of the Treatment Team when there are adverse reactions to psychotropic medication or if there is a suspicion of abuse.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (typing) or have legible writing skills.
- Good English writing skills using behavioral health terminology.
- Complete ten hours of continuing education training every year (proof required).
- Complete CBH mandatory trainings within three (3) months of hire and yearly afterwards.
- Provide an FBI, criminal background and child abuse clearances within the first 90 days of employment.
- Complete CPSL certificate training.
- Communication and Coordination with school officials regarding the care of child clients when necessary.
- Participate in clinical supervision on a biweekly basis.
- Perform any other related tasks, which may be required.
APM offers competitive compensation: $40.00 flat rate
Qualifications: Must meet minimum qualifications of a Master’s Degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline, such as: psychology, counseling, clinical social work, psychiatric nursing, and marriage and family therapy and a minimum of two years’ experience as a psychotherapist.