LendKey is solving a complex challenge – to improve lives with lending made simple – by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age and provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect and desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks to conduct their education finance and home improvement loan programs.
- Communicate with past due and delinquent loan borrowers and cosigners by telephone (inbound and outbound) and written notices to ensure full repayment or arrange acceptable payment arrangements and providing excellent customer service.
- Assist borrowers and cosigners with resolving outstanding loan debt through cash collections, or forbearance when appropriate.
- Problem solve and perform due diligence functions to ensure compliance with all Federal Regulations while always adhering to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well as all bankruptcy and collection laws, both state and federal.
- The ability to deal with a variety of personalities and scenarios including but not limited borrowers, cosigners, clients, and internal/external partners
- Record accurate and detailed notes; update account status and borrower/cosigner information into computer system.
- Meet or exceed daily, weekly and monthly performance goals, deadlines and objectives.
- Counsel, problem solve and negotiate with confidence
Strong desire to work for a mission-based organization that emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service and aligned with our core values: Truthful at all times; Helpful to teammates, clients, and customers; Present, committed & engaged to their teams and work; Driven to be courageous to make an impact; and Diligent & conscientious in executing every element of work.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Customer Service or Sales experience
- Excellent phone skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet assigned targets.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Strong listening, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic and attendance.
- Ability to work efficiently on computerized systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong command of the English language.
Strongly Preferred Skills:
- Collection experience
- Previous call center experience in a variety of customer service industries such as loan origination, telemarketing, banking, insurance sales etc.
- Bilingual /written & oral
- Knowledge of the FDCPA and State Consumer protection Laws.