The Property Manager is responsible for the efficient management and maintenance of APM's housing rental properties. The manager receives general supervision and direction from the SVP Finance and Administration. The Property Manager will comply with establish policies and procedures and not take action contrary to such guidelines without approval from the SVP Finance and Administration. His / her duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervision of support and maintenance staff.
- Resident selection and orientation.
- Supervises leasing of new and turnover apartment.
- Maintaining full occupancy of the development, minimum 95% vacancy rate.
- Oversees the collection of rent, including the issuance of legal late rent notices and their follow-up, in case of non-payment of rent.
- The assignment of work orders to the Maintenance staff, including follow-up to insure proper completion in reasonable time.
- Keeping an inventory of all capital and non-capital items of the property, with a description of their value and condition, i.e. model, serial number, and purchase date.
- The annual inspection of structures, grounds and apartments for necessary repairs, preventive maintenance and housekeeping evaluation. The completion of a summary report of the inspection, upon completion, indication any deficiencies found.
- Annual certification of income for all residents according to PHFA, NEF, and SECTION42 of the IRS code.
- Work with Human Services staff in the creation of a program, through the resident organization to insure maximum resident cooperation by promoting community programs, community standards of conduct, resident complaint procedures, and maximum utilization of community services, police and other agencies. ll. Represent the Owner in any legal proceedings related to the property.
- Monthly reports for the fiscal department and annual reports as requested from funders ( PHFA, RDA, NEF ).
- Make written recommendations to designated agency for property rental increase.
- Enforcement of the property's rules and regulations.
- Implementation and enforcement of the Drug Free Housing Policy.
- Assist government agencies, mortgage and/or local housing authority with the property physical inspection.
- Prepare an affirmative Housing Marketing Plan in conjunction with the Property Manager.
- Remain in compliance with the marketing plan.
- Answer all IRS non-compliance correspondence in an expeditious manner.
- Supervise and train staff.
- The timely recertification of all residents as per PHFA regulations.
- Schedule date to accept applicants for residency when needed.
- Maintain accurate records of activities related to the property.
- Check all monthly reports sent to the property for accuracy (i.e. HUD voucher, PHFA report, Section 8 HAP payments forms).
- Advertize and market available units, with assistance of Director of Communication
- Accrual Paid Time Off at the rate of 20 days per year
- Employer-paid health insurance effective the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment with an employee contribution
- 11 paid holidays
- Term Life Insurance coverage in an amount equal to one and one-half times your annual salary; maximum benefit of $200,000
- 403b retirement plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY
APM has retained G. Ubarry Inc, a community development management firm to assist in this search. Inquiries, or if applying, submit to Grizel Ubarry at Searchguinc@gmail.com cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.