- The general objective of this position is to be responsible for the management and treatment of
- Psychiatric patients where the treatment could include psychiatric evaluations, pharmacotherapy
- and medication management with follow up to maintain the stability of the patient that is treated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides psychiatric services to all APM clients, consisting of an initial psychiatric
Evaluation, a medication check and a follow-up psychiatric evaluation.
• Makes client’s referral and recommendations to an in-patient unit when needed,
including assisting or recommending the use of PA 302-303 Mental Health procedures
• Signs the Treatment Plan of all patients and provides appropriate treatment plan
supervision, including making recommendations and assisting Mental Health Therapists
in the formulation of the patient Treatment Plan.
• Meets with the Mental Health Therapist for the purpose of providing Treatment Plan
supervision on as needed basis either in group or individual sessions. This could be at
the Medical Director or the Clinic Director’s discretion.
• Signs and produces client reports requested by SSI, SSA, MA or any private insurance
company. Report could be produced by the Mental Health Therapist, Clinical Director,
or any other clinical personnel as long as the physician is satisfied that the report is
• Contacts any care companies, support services and other involved agencies as needed.
• Attends Staff Meetings and Case Consultation Meeting when the Medical or Clinical Director considers it necessary or when the Therapist requests such a meeting.
• Maintains updates and signs progress notes and the medication log sheets and medication notes.
• Signs the CBE (part one) to endorse the Mental Health Therapist evaluation.
• Willing to get training to dispense suboxone for treatment of opioid use disorder.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements for the position include all of the following:
- A doctoral degree in medicine or osteopathy from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy in the United States of America or a valid doctoral degree from a foreign school of medicine and evidence of successful completion of the E.C.F.M.G. examination (see, “Staff Credentialing Files”).
- A completed psychiatry residence in an A.C.G.M.E. accredited residency program. CBH expects that the Psychiatrist is an American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc. diplomat in general psychiatry and/or child and adolescent psychiatry and/or psychiatric subspecialties (e.g. addition psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, forensic, geriatric, psychiatric as indicated).
- A current and valid Pennsylvania medical license.
- A complete listing of all health care setting wherein privileges have been granted.
- A listing, upon request, or location, and date and reasons for denial/revocation/termination of clinical privileges that have been granted at any and all health care setting.
- Evidence of a current National Practitioners Date Bank (N.P.D.B) check.
- Valid and current D.E.A. certification.
- Current, good-standing enrollment in the P.A. Medical Assistance Program.
- Professional liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $500,000 per occurrence and $1,500,000 in the aggregate along with evidence of participation in the P.A. Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error (M-CARE) Fund.
- Compliance with all state and discipline-specific standards and regulations, including CPSL training.
- Valid Child Abuse (Act 33) (when applicable), Criminal History, and FBI Clearances (when applicable).
- Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services (must be completed within three (3) months of hire and annually from the date of the initial training).
- Preference will be given to bilingual (English and Spanish) candidates.
- Accrual Paid Time Off at the rate of 20 days per year
- Employer-paid health insurance effective the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment with an employee contribution
- 12 paid holidays
- Term Life Insurance coverage in an amount equal to one and one-half times your annual salary; maximum benefit of $200,000
- 403b retirement plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance