United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Corporate Engagement Manager is responsible for leading a strategic plan to increase retention and growth of the corporate workplace donor base. With a team of relationship managers, they will manage a portfolio of corporate partners and find deeper alignment with corporate philanthropic values, further positioning UWSL as experts in community investment and employee engagement.
YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE
- Research, develop, and implement new strategies and best practices to strengthen resource development results in employee giving campaigns, corporate gifts, corporate grants, event sponsorships and more
- Manage, coach, and support Employee Engagement team: Create a supportive team environment focused on progressive sales and relationship management techniques; aid in development and execution of strategies to improve related activities
- Cultivate and oversee authentic relationships with current and prospective donors with strong executive-level attention through personal contact, including phone calls, email, written correspondence, and visits; sets appointments and meets with prospects and current donors
- Establish, monitor, and report fundraising goals and revenue to CFRD and other senior leaders; prepare information for meetings with high-level executives; maintain accurate records, develop and manage related processes
- Support the analysis of campaign data to better improve results year over year, and to further transition campaign donors to long-term United Way of Salt Lake partners/advocates
- Collaborate with individual engagement team to ensure that individual and corporate giving strategies align
- Research and implement ongoing fundraising training opportunities to provide team with world-class tools to better understand donor cultivation and stewardship
- Lead and project manage marketing materials and other campaign collateral to be used with corporate employee giving campaigns
- Coordinate with local and United Way network affiliates across the country that are innovating within a new philanthropic marketplace
- Perform other duties as assigned
The position is a full time, exempt position with full benefits. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Pay Range: 50,000 - 60,000 Annually
- Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Develops team and talent; effectively resolves conflict and rebounds from adversity. Provides direction, delegates, and removes obstacles to get work done.
- Enjoys engaging and meeting with new people, ability to establish, cultivate and steward strong relationships with donors, potential donors and stakeholders to build and maintain lifelong partnerships and trust with UWSL.
- Ability to develop and execute fundraising/workplace giving strategies and plans that integrate into the organization's mission, priorities and goals.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with an inclination for learning, continuous improvement and action to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to racial equity, integrity, accountability, and efficient stewardship of UWSL resources and funds.
- Understands marketplace, works to meet prospect/donor needs, effective closing technique.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience, success, and progressive responsibility in fundraising
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Suites – proven skill in Excel
- Experience using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software; Salesforce preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or relevant experience preferred
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to regularly travel to locations outside of UWSL facilities to set-up displays and presentations in both physical and electronic forms. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50lbs.