Child Care Program Assistant
Are you interested in working as a team player in providing administrative services in the child care field?As a Child Care Program Assistant, you will offer a full range of support to our Child Care team by assisting with various tasks associated with scheduling, enrollment in, and facilitation of community-based presentations.
The Pay & Benefits: $15.50 per hour pay rate PLUS
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $2,600 annually).
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
The Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Full-Time) (including some Saturdays).
Flexibility of posted scheduled hours may be available.
- Associate's degree in secretarial sciences or a related field with one year related administrative experience preferred, or a High School Diploma/GED with three years of related administrative experience required.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in office systems and procedures required.
- In-depth knowledge of State fingerprinting submission system and use of fingerprinting devices.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including MS Excel, and the ability to format and design documents required.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Ability to follow strict guidelines in regard to verification and authorization.
- Ability to relate well to people from diverse groups.
- Considerable knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling a necessity.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Some public speaking experience required.
- Must be able to travel to all regions of Connecticut at all times; hold valid CT Driver’s License, Registration, Insurance and reliable transportation.
- Requires flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS July 24, 2021
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.