As a Construction Administrative Assistant in our Newport Beach or San Diego location, you will play a key supportive role on our Construction Administration team for multiple Education or Senior Living projects. You will coordinate, monitor, and oversee key administrative activities that will enable the CA team to run projects smoothly. This includes project onboarding, clerical administrative tasks, and project close out. The ideal candidate will be service oriented, very detailed, organized, and able to manage time and priorities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Day to day real time project support for Lead Construction Administrators (Project Managers).
- Set up new projects in project directory and PlanGrid.
- Compile project start up paperwork and related forms (construction, submittal schedules).
- Review and monitor all project email correspondence targeting RFI's, Submittals, Meeting Minutes, Field Reports, and related items.
- Log and electronically file RFIs / Submittals and distribute to project consultant team.
- Assist with tracking RFI and Submittal due dates and follow up with consultants before items are due.
- Upon request create and maintain CCD and ASI tracker.
- Update and maintain construction document set and specifications including addenda, CCD's, and ASI's using PlanGrid software.
- Assist in organizing all project related documents.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining submittal samples throughout construction duration.
- Assist with project close out (as-builts, warranty documents, submittals, billing) and project certification.
- Assist in scheduling meetings and answering emails.
- Compile and format documents for DSA/AHJ submission including collating, bookmarking, and page labeling using Bluebeam software.
- Upon request visit city or building authority to drop off or pick up plans (Permit Expeditor)
- Learn industry standards.
- Some experience in an administrative role.
- 5 years plus of Proficient use of MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Teams
- Experience with Newforma, ProCore or similar software is a plus.
- Experience with Bluebeam and PlanGrid is a plus.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate items through monitoring.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Promote a positive team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines/time constraints.
- Knowledge of DSA, or permitting process is a plus.
Founded in 1975, HPI is an award-winning architectural firm located in Newport Beach and San Diego, focusing on Education, Student Housing and Senior Living market sectors.
At HPI, we are committed to creating long-term career opportunities in a stimulating environment that encourages teamwork, leadership and mentorship. We provide a positive, challenging work environment that fosters both professional and personal growth for all levels of employees.
We seek to deliver the highest level of client service while encouraging our team members to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental, life and other insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off, a pay commensurate with your experience, and bonus opportunities.