Process and maintain patient care orders in order to create an exceptional customer service experience. Obtain patient meal orders and provide food preferences through direct one-on-one visitation menu assistance. Adhere to patients' dietary restrictions through menu editing. Provide appropriate follow through to all patient feedback regarding meals. Is the central communication contact for the patient service area of the department.
- Strong customer service orientation; ability to demonstrate positive attitude, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with team members and all customers, including patients, staff and families.
- Ability to use current technology, including computers.
- Analytical ability to edit menus according to guidelines outlined in the Diet Manual.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Obtains meal orders from patient and guests via patient visitation. Verifies that meal orders meet diet requirements and ensures menu selections are processed and communicated to the appropriate production areas.
- Provides assistance to customers in selecting menu items and edits selections accordingly based on personal preferences and diet restrictions; ensures patient satisfaction and safety; assistance may also include simplified education on diet restrictions and/or liberalized diet as needed.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service. Consistently applies all principles of the customer service training, utilizing the designated departmental script including the verification of patient identification and adherence to patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Directs and prioritizes all phone calls for appropriate service and response. Resolves reported problems or transfers to appropriate personnel. Records information as indicated.
- Processes all nutrition care orders and service requests with accuracy and efficiency (i.e., tube feedings, supplements).
- Maintains departmental resources including nutritional care order record system, call center supplies including menu inventory, and prepares assigned reports as needed (i.e., billing, meal census, missed meals).