The Driver will provide primary transportation services required to support the organization by loading and unloading equipment and food and distributing at events or drop-offs. The Driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying orders to delivery papers while maintaining a record of safety in accordance with Blue Plate and State of Illinois Transportation Guidelines.
• Deliver food and supplies for catered functions to the scheduled locations in a safe and efficient manner.
• Maintain and clean the inside and outside of vans at the end of each drop location.
• Make efficient use of time by checking other drops and assisting in checking food and drinks that are scheduled to leave the same day.
• Verify orders to ensure that all necessary equipment and supplies have been loaded prior to departing drop location.
• When issues exist that prevent driver from performing tasks in a timely manner, driver contacts Facilities & Logistics Manager for further instruction.
• Operate company vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner.
• Perform daily maintenance checks and reports malfunctions to management.
• Perform other relevant tasks as required.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to follow instructions with a sense of urgency.
• Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
• Reliable and punctual attendance.
• Good communication skills, exhibited by the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
• Familiar with city routes.
Language Skills Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. Constant standing throughout the shift is required.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
• Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
• May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
• Noise level is moderate to loud.
• May work near toxic/caustic chemical and with fumes or airborne particles.
• Will work near moving or mechanical parts.