A Proposal and Sales Coordinator's main role is to manage, prepare, and track marketing and project submittals such as Statements of Qualifications (SOQs) and/or Proposals.
Requires 5-10 years of experience in managing and preparing proposals and business development collateral to support sales teams in pursuing strategic sales opportunities. Experience should include opportunity evaluation and sales reporting. Experience implementing proposal/pursuit process improvements is preferred. This position requires partnering with internal clients such as business development teams, project managers, and professionals throughout the firm to develop sales strategies for priority pursuits.
Additional responsibilities include coaching teams in planning for and developing SOQs or proposals (and other like deliverables); developing tools and templates that support consistent approaches to collaboration and client-focused, content development.
Goals include enhanced pursuit planning, efficient proposal and SOQ development, and more competitive, client-focused pursuits. The Proposal and Sales Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that quality deliverables are produced.
(The following is a list of responsibilities of this position; it is not intended to cover all duties that this position may be required to perform from time to time.)
- Work closely with the Director of Client Relations to assess priorities and ensure support to achieve sales goals.
- Support a strategic sales vision for business development with a focus on tools and processes that support competitive, client-focused sales pursuits.
- Develop and manage pursuit teams to achieve compliant, competitive sales pursuits on schedule.
- Responsible for developing proposal schedule – making sure deliverable due dates, including drafts and finals, are met.
- Mentor teams on processes and best practices related to developing compliant, strategic opportunities that are easier for evaluators to score.
- Participate in developing plans, managing teams, and crafting content (business development presentations, proposals, SOQs, SF330s, RFQs, RFPs, and oral presentations).
- Establish internal resources and liaison with internal clients to champion effective, efficient pursuit development processes.
- Participate in reviewing online resources to track sales opportunities.
- Routinely prepare and manage marketing submittals (proposals, SOQs, SF330s, RFQs, RFPs, etc.).
- Drive process improvements in the SOQ and Proposal Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage pursuit teams, participate in tracking status of awards, and track SOQ and Proposal Logs (win/loss data).
- Align proposal best practices with SynTerra Documentation Standards; participate in development of standards regarding pursuit development, as required.
- Manage and maintain the CRM system, including input/update of project descriptions, resumes, clients, prospects, etc. in CRM system (support and promote reusable content and building a content library).
- Manage and maintain routine performance reporting, such as proposal win rate.
- Work with executive management and business development team members to develop competitive business capture strategy for high priority strategic opportunities (e.g., targeted industry sales tools for opportunities identified in advance of RFPs).
- Design processes, tools, and guidelines for proposal reviews related to strategic opportunities to support and enhance the review process and confirm quality, strategic bids that sell.
- Stay abreast of proposal industry best practices and share with teams.
- Meet regularly with project managers and business development team members to understand specific needs of each proposal to determine where focus is needed.
- Use a variety of office programs (Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, Creative Suite, etc.).
- Comply with all current policies and procedures of SynTerra.
- Comply with all Health and Safety training in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Full-Time employees: Available to work 40 hours per week, plus additional hours as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Client Relations or his/her designee.