Account Administrators on our Employee Benefits team support our Account Managers and Account Executives through a wide variety of tasks. With a passion for customer service, an Account Administrator combines their friendly demeanor with stellar organization skills and detail-oriented focus to administer group insurance policies for a variety of clients in a fast-paced environment.
Reports to the Director of Operations within our Employee Benefits team.
- Assist clients with questions regarding employee benefit plans and enrollments
- Assist Account Managers, Account Executives, and Advisors with the facilitation of the Renewal and Open Enrollment process for clients
- Create annual benefit guides, prepare Open Enrollment materials, and update presentation slides for client meetings
- Maintain our web-based platform, “Ease”, to ensure accuracy with benefit plans, enrollments, and coverage
- Provide education, guidance, and assistance to clients regarding the utilization and features of the “Ease” software
- Support the marketing process by compiling documents, collecting census data, and spreadsheeting all plans and quotes gathered
- Partner with insurance carriers to ensure accuracy of enrollments and coverage throughout the year, with greater emphasis during Open Enrollment process
- Resolve claim issues, billing errors, and enrollment discrepancies
- Maintain thorough, accurate, and up-to-date records in SalesForce
- Build professional relationships with new and existing clients
- Stay knowledgeable about carrier changes, industry developments, and government regulations surrounding employer benefits
- Identify ways to improve processes and procedures to increase efficiency and consistency in our team workflows
Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of one year of experience in a client-focused role. Experience with group health insurance is preferred.
Licensure: Current life and health insurance license, or willingness and ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to successfully interact with a variety of client personality types at all levels within an organization
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail
- Stay organized and reprioritize tasks in an ever-changing environment
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills complimented by a desire to problem solve
- Aspire to be independently resourceful, but not afraid to ask questions within our supportive team environment
- Utilize time management skills with the ability to remain focused on deadlines
- Understand insurance documents to administer policies in different systems such as EASE, eBenefits Edge, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Outlook and variety of other software, systems, and programs, with the ability to learn new software applications
- Did we mention detail-oriented?
And, above all, we look for team members who embody our core values: Professional. Team Player. Positive. Trust.
UNICO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We aim to provide employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.