Wayside Publishing is seeking an experienced, full-time Account Managers to oversee a portfolio of customers, develop new business opportunities from existing clients, and actively seek new sales opportunities. As an Account Manager, you will create long-term relationships with our customers as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to their accounts.
In this role, you should be able to understand the customer’s needs and execute a plan to meet those needs. You will work closely with and liaise between sales, customer service, and technical support to keep our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services for the long run. You will collaborate with every department to improve the entire customer experience for each of your accounts. You will be responsible to reach an annual sales target from existing and new business opportunities.
As a small business, all our positions require flexibility and occasionally additional responsibilities that may include providing other employees with support.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account issues
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships as a trusted advisor for key accounts by providing proactive customer service
- Develop new business opportunities and increase opportunities with existing clients
- Collaborate with outside sales and marketing to identify and grow new opportunities within your territory
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products according to customer needs and objectives
- Assist with challenging customer requests or issue escalations as needed
- Carry book of business with an annual sales target
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful in meeting sales targets as an Account Manager, Inside Sales Representative or Key Account Manager, or similar, relevant role
- Ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of a school or district
- Adheres to Wayside protocols for maintaining Salesforce database as a source of record for all customer data and communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook and Excel
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional air or auto travel may be required
- Bilingual in Spanish or French is strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience in the educational K-12 industry is preferred, but not required
- Takes initiative with a positive, can-do attitude
- Values a friendly and cooperative sales team environment
- Easily and eagerly adopts new technology
- Open to feedback
- Obsessively attentive to details and respectful of deadlines
- Instinctively adheres to basic grammar rules
- Learns and applies new skills quickly
- Responds to stressful situations calmly and effectively
- Desire to work for a growing company and make an impact
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation: base salary plus achievement-based incentive program, uncapped potential.
- Health insurance with options for dental, vision, life insurance, pet insurance, and more
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution, employer-paid STD and LTD policies
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
Who we are
Wayside Publishing believes inspired, empathetic learners, can change the world. We partner with educators to craft transformative texts and digital tools that foster communication and understanding across cultures. Join our team.
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE