The SVP of Sales will be responsible for directing the sales business unit and
supporting venue relationships for fiber installation, wireless infrastructure
construction services, and other A&E offerings. The role is responsible for
creating and implementing successful sales strategy, as well as ensuring that
partners stay engaged. They’re seeking a thought leader and problem solver
for clients and business partners within A&E and construction.
This role will be very creative and hands on while working cross-functionally
with every level of employee from Engineers up to the CEO. As Essentia
continues to grow, someone excelling in this position will be absolutely vital to
the success of each engagement and the company overall.
• Develop sales strategy including yearly and quarterly sales targets.
• Strategically generate leads, identify, qualify, and secure large sales opportunities.
• Work with various lines of businesses to develop multi-line of business value
propositions for client RFPs.
• Understand technical aspects of fiber, construction, and other services and engage
customers in a consultative approach by having a deep understanding of client
needs, and industry trends.
• Work collaboratively with leadership, product management, engineering, bid
management, finance and operations to source and structure deals that deliver value
• Present large opportunities requiring investment to leadership committee; conduct
associated financial modeling and assessment of growth opportunities, risks and
• Develop and manage relationships with key sales channel partners.
• Establish and grow relationships with venues in business development pipeline to
close new opportunities to deploy fiber, wireless infrastructure, and other solutions.
• Develop and build upon existing venue and wireless industry relationships to identify
and pursue opportunities to continue expanding wireless infrastructure footprint.
• Attend key industry conferences.
• 10+ years of sales experience with top tier National Carrier, integrator, or similar
experience in business development for fiber, infrastructure, or other wireless
• Strong team management skills with the ability to speak to sales, business
development, solutions engineering, and all other aspects of the internal support
• Demonstrated carrier relationships at the highest levels and key decision makers
(AT&T, T-Mobile, Crown Castle, Dish, Verizon, etc.).
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable field. Master’s a plus.
• Ability to speak to telecom technologies, including:
o Fiber Optics
o Dark fiber
o DAS/Small Cell
• Strong negotiation, leadership, and cross-functional collaboration skills. Ability to
discuss wireless infrastructure solutions effectively with business leaders and make
• Proven experience in sales management and pure hunter roles.
• Existing strong relationships with high-level contacts in at least one of the following
verticals: Wireless Carriers, Wireless Carriers, CATV, and Electric Utility Vehicles.
(Having connections across them all is preferable)
• Knows the industry well; known as a SME or industry thought leader.
• Experience selling both fiber and small cell services.
o Knowledge of the pricing and unit items for Essentia’s services is even better.
• Experience selling dark fiber and knowledge of the lease-up and financial model.
• A strong background in B2B sales and business development; best practices should
feel like second nature to you.
• Knowledge or working practice of the Challenger Sale Concepts for Solution Selling
and willingness to adopt that methodology to your sales process.
• Shares vision of eSpeed becoming the defacto "solutions as a service" platform for
small cell and utility industries.