The mission of Asociación Puertorriqueños en March Inc. (APM), a nonprofit IRS 501(c)3 Latino based health, human services and community development organization located at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is to assists families achieve their full potential in life, by empower at-risk families in our community to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their personal potential. Through collaborative programming with health, human services, housing and other community-based organizations. Case management is a collaborative process that assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required to meet an individual’s needs. It uses communication and available resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes. The Case Manager will be responsible to ensures program quality and performance related to recruiting, screening, matching, monitoring, and closing the relationship with each program participants.
Responsibilities of the Case Manager position are defined below:
* Master the rules and regulations of the federal housing programs used by Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha, Inc. (APM) associated with the Philadelphia Continuum of Care.
* Knowledge of homelessness definition as defined by HUD (https://www.hudexchange.info/news/hudsdefinition-of-homelessness-resources-and-guidance/).
* Knowledge of Federal and State Fair Housing Laws (ex: ADA, 24 CFR, Rehabilitation Act, etc.)
* Conduct individualized housing needs assessment for all referred clients
* Work with clients to develop individualized Social Service and housing plans
* Work with clients to identify and address any barriers to obtaining housing stability
* Provide housing-related information, including Tenant’s Rights and responsibilities to clients
* Facilitate client group meetings to support housing search activities
* Assist clients with housing applications, complete supportive and subsidized housing paperwork,
* surveys rental market for affordable housing, and advocate for clients with prospective landlords.
* Monitor and evaluate each client’s progression through their housing search plan, and develop
* corrective action revisions to the plan as needed
* Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other
* services in accordance with Federal, State, County and APM guidelines
* Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings
* Attend program-related community, coalition and committee meetings as assigned
* Maintain client related data systems, including case notes and complete HMIS entries
* Prepare case-related reports including but not limited to: outcomes, successes, etc.
* Adhere to strict boundaries and professional ethics in the care of others
* Act as agency liaison to property owners and property managers
* Conduct crisis intervention as needed
* Responsible to follow, implement, and enforce APM Employee Resource Guide
* Other duties as assigned
In addition to your salary, you will receive the following benefits:
APM is an equal opportunity employer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
* Associate degree with 3 or more years of relevant experience.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Spanish ability to communicate effectively with other staff.
* Demonstrates leadership to define requirements for project risk.
* Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
* Knowledge of State and Federal Laws according with program requirements.
* Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) Bi-cultural.
* Ability to prioritize, organize and meet reporting deadline
* Ability to keep accurate and detailed records, files, and data, prepare periodic reports as required by contract and APM reporting.
* Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, ACCESS and advanced Internet applications.
* Ability to work under pressure of time.
* Good judgment, tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
* Familiar with HIPAA Confidentiality requirements (https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/hipaasimplification-201303.pdf).