United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
Corporate Engagement Coordinator solicits individual and corporate investments in UWSL through year-round management of a corporate partner and workplace giving portfolios. They are responsible for project managing workplace campaigns, daily partner engagement, preparing projections, updating forecasts and recording donor activity.
YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE
- Articulate UWSL’s mission and vision to diverse company and community audiences through workplace group presentations and individual conversations
- Set SMART goals related to relationship management and corporate revenue forecasts
- Work with other Corporate Engagement team members to advise on seeking out additional ways to develop resources within existing partnerships, including but not limited to corporate gifts and sponsorships
- Project manage workplace giving campaigns for portfolio of corporate partners, collect and record campaign data, evaluate results and proactively propose recommendations and improvements
- Analyze and share data with individual engagement team members to use in recruiting new donor network members and in transitioning campaign donors to long-term United Way of Salt Lake donors,
- Represent UWSL, attend industry functions such as association events, chambers, and conferences to cultivate relationships with key decision makers of companies
- Maintain appropriate and consistent communication with new and existing corporate partners, prioritize customer experience by responding to donor/partner requests accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide corporate partners with training and support to engage their employees year-round in giving campaigns, calls to action, sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities
- Maintain detailed records and reports to develop accurate forecasts and track progress
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position is a full time, exempt position with full benefits. $48,000-55,000 per year. Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Enjoys engaging and meeting with new people, ability to establish, cultivate and steward strong relationships with donors, potential donors and stakeholders to build and maintain lifelong partnerships and trust with UWSL.
- Ability to develop and execute fundraising/workplace giving strategies and plans that integrate into the organization's mission, priorities and goals.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different situations and dynamics effectively. Applies personal and professional experience, abilities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates integrity, accountability, and efficient stewardship of UWSL resources and funds.
- Understands marketplace, works to meet prospect/donor needs, effective closing technique.
- 1-3 years of sales, project or relationship management experience, fundraising experience preferred
- Proficient at Microsoft and Google Suites – proven skill in Excel
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software; Salesforce preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
The team member is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. The team member must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The team member is required to regularly travel to offsite locations to set-up presentations and displays physical and electronic forms. The team member must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50lbs.