The position involves that the kitchen and food menus be managed and operated to conform to the Health and CACFP Federal, State and local Code Regulations, of the Child Care Food Program Guidelines for APM Early Education Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Preparing and cooking foods for each meal in accordance with the menu planned and program guidelines.
- Receiving food deliveries/verify orders for accuracy and quality, report any shortage or damaged product immediately to proper person- Director
- Storing all food properly
- Taking inventory and ordering food and supplies in accordance with the planned menu
- Cleaning the Kitchen and equipment on a daily basis
- Reporting any malfunctioning or broken kitchen equipment to the Director
- Obtaining an annual health examination
- Being available to assist with other agency task when needed and other duties when assigned by supervisor
- Able to work as part of a team or by one self
- Good attendance
- Good habits of personal hygiene, proper and neat attire
- Ability to understand menu and follow instructions
- Ability to adapt to change on short notices
- Clearances- Child Abuse- Criminal Background Check- FBI Finger printing
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Bilingual / Bicultural English/Spanish
- Food Establishment Personnel Food Safety Certificate.