Do you have a passion for providing children a foundation for their academic success, health, and well-being? APM offers services that help families achieve their greatest potential. At APM, we nurture future leaders in our four ECE centers!
Why Work with APM?
APM has been servicing the North Philadelphia community since 1970. Our Teachers promote cultural, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in our classrooms. To show our appreciation to our Teachers, we offer them:
- Location: Rising Stars (4221 N. 2nd Street)
- Prorated summer shut down for 8 weeks at the employer’s discretion
- Option of receiving your annual salary paid over a 10-month or 12-month period
- 5 Days of PTO and 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance or $100/month medical insurance waiver reimbursement
- Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company contribution
- And more!
What Is Your Job?
The position involves that the kitchen and food menus be managed and operated to conform to the Health and CACFP Federal, State and local Code Regulations, of the Child Care Food Program Guidelines for APM Early Education Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and cooking foods for each meal in accordance with the menu planned and program guidelines.
- Receiving food deliveries/verify orders for accuracy and quality, report any shortage or damaged product immediately to proper person- Director
- Storing all food properly
- Taking inventory and ordering food and supplies in accordance with the planned menu
- Cleaning the Kitchen and equipment on a daily basis
- Reporting any malfunctioning or broken kitchen equipment to the Director
- Obtaining an annual health examination
- Being available to assist with other agency task when needed and other duties when assigned by supervisor
- Able to work as part of a team or by one self
APM is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If hired, we will ask for the following clearances: FBI Fingerprints, Child Abuse Record, Criminal History Record, and National Sex Offender Registry.
- Good attendance
- Good habits of personal hygiene, proper and neat attire
- Ability to understand menu and follow instructions
- Ability to adapt to change on short notices
- Clearances- Child Abuse- Criminal Background Check- FBI Finger printing
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Bilingual / Bicultural English/Spanish
- Food Establishment Personnel Food Safety Certificate.