This individual will provide supervision to direct service workers to include, case managers and case aides. The supervisor is responsible for oversight of daily program operations in accordance with agency policy and in compliance with DHS Performance Standards and DPW Regulatory Guidelines. Emphasis will be child safety, well-being, and family stability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise a minimum of five (5) staff.
- Provide on-call back-up coverage, as needed in accordance to established schedules.
- Will provide a minimum of one (1) supervision on a weekly basis to all staff.
- Supervise and facilitate quality services of CUA Workers to client families.
- Supervise development of assessment and service plans.
- Attend client sessions with or in place of CUA Worker, as needed.
- Monitor all open cases of all workers.
- Supervise and perform case reviews monthly.
- Will attend a minimum of 20 hours of training per year.
- Comply with performance standards.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and assess training needs of staff.
- Perform duties that support the mission of the CUA program.
- Accrual Paid Time Off at the rate of 20 days per year
- Employer-paid health insurance effective the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment with an employee contribution
- 12 paid holidays
- Term Life Insurance coverage in an amount equal to one and one-half times your annual salary; maximum benefit of $200,000
- 403b retirement plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance