Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP seeks a Legal Assistant with 5 minimum years of experience to join the Macon, GA office. This position supports 3 attorneys in our labor & employment-centric practice. Ideal candidates will possess strong organizational skills, and the ability to anticipate the needs of their attorneys.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proofread all documents for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors, and completeness prior to distribution or filing.
- Maintain and organize physical and electronic files. Follow the standard naming and profiling conventions when scanning, emailing, and saving documents to the document management system.
- Draft standard pleadings, correspondence, memoranda and other documents.
- Possess high level of awareness and protection of confidential information.
- Exhibit good judgment and organizational skills to receive, record and disseminate all information on behalf of the clients and assigned attorneys (e.g., mail, interoffice mail, email, etc.)
- Consistently provide friendly and helpful telephone support and/or receptionist relief.
- Regularly anticipate the needs of assigned attorneys in order to promote timekeeper efficiencies (i.e., draft correspondence, prepare materials for meetings in advance).
- Routinely review and follow-up on client deadlines and calendar appointments.
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for meetings (i.e., depositions, mediations, interviews, and vendor and facility reservations).
- Assist assigned attorneys with completing and tracking CLE compliance, presentations and training programs, other business development activities, and organizing all other non-billable activities.
- Manage the conflict check and client intake process for new matters.
- Maintain attorney-specific case lists, charts, and status of cases and outcomes.
- Consistently and professionally communicate with clients, opposing counsel, vendors, and firm personnel.
- Consistently complete assigned tasks when expected while managing multiple assignments and/or deadlines.
- Review and follow-up on client deadlines, emails, and calendar appointments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to promote organization and efficiency.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience as a legal assistant or paralegal in law firm, prior labor & employment experience is plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent with commensurate years of experience in the field acceptable
- Accurate typing transcription of dictation. (50-60wpm minimum)
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Document Management Systems, Time Entry, e-Filing and database software
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and comfortable creating and revising presentations
- Strong organizational skills required including timely electronic filing, paper filing, plan book updates, and more
Qualities ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Life Insurance
- Onsite Parking
- Gym reimbursement
*These benefits are subject to change
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, and compensation. Our Firm prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position is OPEN to receiving search firm candidates. Recruiters, please email Constangy's Legal Recruiting Specialist, Thomas Reddington-Kincaid, at firstname.lastname@example.org