Blue Plate Catering - Chicago's premier catering company is in search of an Event Catering Sales Consultant to add to our dynamic Sales team! We're located in the Fulton Market District specializing in catering special events, weddings, and corporate dining at over 85 venues and our new space Larkin Hall. If you have a passion for sales, food, events and making people happy with memorable event experiences then this is a great opportunity for you!
The Event Catering Sales Consultant will develop and execute strategies to meet or exceed sales goal minimum determined by the organization. They are to enhance the client base and be a brand ambassador for the organization.
- Grow sales by ensuring inquiries and leads are responded to in an enthusiastic and timely manner, new business is sought out through networking and prospecting, prospects are converted to clients, and clients expectations are met through effective communication, event planning, and service.
- Manage individual sales goal development and achieve monthly sales goal targets.
- Create a culture of no client should be a one-time client.
- Partner with Operations and Service Departments to ensure events are correctly prepared for and executed. Provide recommendations to enhance processes and create efficiencies.
- Partner with Marketing to develop both short and long-range plans that support the brand and product for clients and Venues.
- Work closely with Culinary in the development of quality, creative and timely presentations, tastings and proposals.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive files are maintained with proposals and clients.
- Manage event production to include but not limited to; proposal writing, menu development, equipment and logistics, and CaterXpert data management and Profitability Goals.
- Partner with Accounting/Billing Department to ensure the compilation of accurate final billing and the collection of accounts receivables.
- Manage individual sales expense budget
- Attend and work Blue Plate functions as needed.
- Maintain an exemplary level of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Develop a holistic understanding of the Blue Plate Vision.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hospitality or related industry. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience within the hospitality industry that includes quantifiable success within a sales role.
- Proven experience with developing sales goals and objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of off-site catering and event operations.
- General interest in food, menu design, and creative event development.
- Intermediate knowledge of financial management disciplines to include but not limited to: gross profitability, budget design and management, financial analysis, and return on investment.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong affinity for Blue Plate’s mission: Our mission is to “care more” for others through food and service experiences that turn our partner’s vision into reality.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and alert executive leadership when needed.
- Ability to function independently and intuitively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise reports and presentations that are understandable by the target audience.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative; results-oriented and entrepreneurial-minded.
- Strong project management experience and ability to manage on-going multiple priorities.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity.
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office and Google applications, Catering and CRM software.
- Local travel is required.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Possess the ability to fulfill and any all office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer entry, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level may include that of a combination of both a typical restaurant and office environment.