At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The DevOps Engineer will operate, manage and monitor our cloud (GCP) environment and applications. This position will focus on both the operation and innovation of the DevOps team and aid in the design, implementation, and support of the company’s cloud infrastructure vision.
- Support development teams and engineering efforts around cloud deployment.
- Build, configure, and optimize highly available systems for the company’s software platform.
- Scale out and build monitoring solutions for the company’s infrastructure and software platform.
- Build engineering CI/CD pipelines to facilitate deployments and automated tests.
- Implement and operate reliable CI/CD processes.
- Collaborate with Developers on techniques and best practices for the company’s software platform.
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code [IaC] best practices and concepts.
- Ensure security development practices are followed and addresses existing and potential vulnerabilities.
- Oversees routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests.
- Address potential and existing outages across cloud infrastructure.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience designing, analyzing and troubleshooting cloud-based infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Strong knowledge of Docker, Helm and Kubernetes required.
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Jenkins, ArgoCD)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, and Stackdriver preferred.
- Experience with Vault, GCP External secrets or similar tools preferred.
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible preferred.
- Experience with networking and security (secrets management etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with full-stack software development on web applications is required.
- Strong Knowledge of Service Meshes and Kubernetes Control Planes (Istio) required.
- Experience with Kafka, Postgres, and other storage solutions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required.
- Associate-level certification in GCP, AWS, Azure is preferred
- Years of relevant experience: 2 to 4 years is preferred
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the on-site work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in a remote or office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.