Reporting to the Controller, the full-time salaried Senior Staff Accountant oversees student account data, reconciles general ledger accounts, and performs other related tasks within the Finance Office. The Senior Staff Accountant is an integral member of the finance office team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and record journal entries for month-end closing.
- Manage student account transactions (enter miscellaneous charges, etc.).
- Prepare monthly general ledger account roll-forwards, reconciliations, and analyses -- including bank reconciliations.
- Follow up on outstanding issues and work with the team to clear reconciling issues.
- Ensure timely distribution of monthly departmental reporting.
- Prepare work papers and assist with the compilation of financial statements for the annual audit.
- Track and execute accounts receivable collections, as necessary.
- Review corporate credit card expenditures and follow up with employees on unrecorded charges and other issues.
- Aid in the preparation of periodic tax filings.
- Assist with accounts payable, as needed.
- Assist in ad hoc projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or significant accounting work experience.
- Independent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Substantial experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Raiser’s Edge would be a plus.
- Prior experience working in higher education would be seen as an asset but is not required.
LSTC is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. Women and/or persons from historically underrepresented cultural groups are especially encouraged to apply. We actively welcome and hone one another’s race, national/ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical ability, social status, and theological diversity.
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest that includes: a) your reasons for applying, b) your work experience relevant to the senior staff accountant role, and c) a description of how you connect to LSTC’s mission.