Customary Days: Monday – Friday; nights and/or weekends as needed
Customary Hours: 40 hours per week; hours may be extended during peak times
The Graphic Designer is responsible for working with other members of the marketing team on design development and the execution of creative deliverables for all Round the Table Hospitality brands. These responsibilities include developing, implementing and executing on all marketing materials and design solutions. Additionally, the Graphic Designer will participate in broader marketing initiatives, including internal communications and strategic/tactical planning. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to work with the team to successfully develop concepts and translate them to visual expression.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and produce design solutions for all Round the Table Hospitality brands.
• Understand, adhere to and contribute to brand guidelines.
• Conceptualize and execute creative campaigns.
• Design print and digital content and collateral for all Round the Table Hospitality brands, including menus, posters, proposals, check presenters, business cards, flyers, letterhead, ads, etc.
• Execute programming in order to manage content on Round the Table Hospitality brands’ websites and across their social media platforms.
• Take photos of food, events, etc. when needed for marketing content.
• Follow creative and strategic direction from Marketing Manager.
• Work with the Marketing Manager on all creative briefs for all marketing campaigns.
• Actively engage with other members of the marketing team to identify marketing tactics and execute on marketing strategy for each Round the Table Hospitality brand.
• Manage all assigned marketing project requests for completion by agreed upon deadlines.
• Manage and improve overall marketing processes at Round the Table Hospitality.
• Perform other job-related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or other related discipline.
• Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a Graphic Designer.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, photography experience a plus.
• Portfolio of current print and digital work.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of interactive design, including executing email campaigns.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to proofread and edit copy.
• Solid knowledge of steps required in creative development process: provides feedback to achieve creative direction; and produces all work in a timely, cost-effective manner.
• Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with others, i.e., departments, management, etc.
• Proven team player with the ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise reports and presentations that are understandable by the target audience.
• Ability to function independently and intuitively in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly organized/strong attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Demonstrated creativity and sound business acumen.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• Possess the ability to fulfill any and all office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer entry, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.).
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
• Fine hand manipulation.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• The noise level may include that of a combination of both a typical restaurant and office environment.
• Internal office space.