SynTerra is looking for a qualified Project Scientist who can offer our clients their expertise. You should have 5 years of experience with environmental compliance, permit reporting (Air, Wastewater, SPCC, Tier II), project management, and technical writing. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals. The position requires the ability to occasionally work in an outdoor environment and to travel locally.
We provide compliance and permitting services on a wide variety of projects for a very diverse set of clients, primarily within the Southeastern United States.
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents from information obtained from the staff, files, and other sources.
- Independently notes and follows-up on professional commitments made at meetings, or as affected by other staff members, coordinates meeting arrangements, and schedules meetings, conferences, etc.
- Uses varied and advanced functions of “office suite automation” to include diagramming, e-mail, presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Create, format, modify, edit, and print a variety of outputs from the automation listed in a professional and timely manner.
- Interprets annotations, construction plans, historical references, interviews, on-site investigations, and site plans in developing the appropriate document submission to satisfy client’s needs.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant engineering or science-related field.
- Software proficiency (including but not limited to) Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in both indoor and outdoor settings in environments ranging from climate controlled office space to foul weather, heat, and rain.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb inclines (terrains, ladders, etc.).
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague that would be a perfect fit for this role – Be sure to send them this link to apply!