Position Title: SUD Counselor (Registered or Certified)
Program: New Leaf Recovery Center (Central)
Classification: Non-exempt, Full Time ( 40 Hours Per Week)
Salary: Registered ($17.00-$18.00 per hour) or Certified($19.00-$21.00 per hour) ; Commensurate with experience
Summary and Range of Authority: Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Counselor functions as a member of adult alcohol and drug treatment team and provides culturally and linguistically appropriate outpatient substance abuse treatment and recovery services to Asian and Pacific Islander (API) adults, Transitional Age Youth (TAY), refugees, immigrants, and other underserved populations in San Diego County.
Required Education, Certifications/Licenses and Language/Cultural Skills:
- Must be registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (e.g. Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, Associate Professional Clinical Counselor or Associate Clinical Social Worker) and have one year experience working with substance abuse issues. (OR)
- Certified by one of the DHCS-approved certifying organizations (OR)
- Bachelor’s degree in the human services field plus one year experience working with substance abuse issues. Must be registered by one of DHCS approved certifying organization. Will receive formal supervision from an on-site qualified staff (OR)
- Enrolled in a AOD class and registered by one of the DHCS-approved certifying organizations and at least one year experience in alcohol and drug related services. Will receive formal supervision from an on-site qualified staff.
Additional Preferred Education or Qualifications:
- Bilingual, bicultural in an Asian and/or Pacific Islander language.
- Knowledge and experience of Drug Medi-Cal Title 22 and SanWITS data systems.
- Change Agent Developing Recovery Excellence (CADRE) trained.
- If recovering, must be stable in the recovery process for 2 years.