OFFICE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Oak View Group Facilities at the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center is looking for a full time Office Support Specialist to support in the administrative management of the CCCC. This position will serve as “front line” customer service representative to customers, employees, and the general public both on the phone and in person and will be responsible for handling the flow of visitors through the administrative office while ensuring all the office management support responsibilities are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This position will also assist and provide backup support with company payables, direct bill production, event settlement statements and billing and general administrative functions as part of the administrative management team. This position will also act as Receptionist for the office and operate multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls, direct callers to appropriate personnel.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Gather, compile and reconcile insurance carrier statements to internal accounting records; research and resolve all identified discrepancies.
- Support month end close, as needed – i.e. reconciliation of bank accounts, payment of taxes, etc.
- Responsible for the payable function and entering approved invoices for payment for weekly check run.
- Enters employee time and leave into time keeping system.
- Assists with issuing purchase orders and processes invoices and requisitions.
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, and route to the appropriate individual for review and approval.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and respond to questions about organization and provide callers with information.
- Process cash receipts and perform related tasks, including data entry recording and making daily deposits. Record all ACH, Wire and check payments daily and timely.
- Assist with Coliseum & Municipal Auditorium event settlement processing.
- Assist with the filing of accounting support documentation in a timely manner.
- Assist with sorting and routing mail and process incoming and outgoing mail and UPS/FedEx packages.
- Follows company procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associates degree (preferred) and / or related experience / training
- Experience in insurance, financial services, or similar industry preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and strong PC skills with the aptitude to learn new systems
Skills and abilities:
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Ability to work the occasional evening or weekend hours
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.