Trust Associate Opportunity with Laird Norton Wealth Management
Laird Norton Wealth Management, the Pacific NW’s largest independent wealth management firm, is seeking a full-time Trust Associate to join our team. Located in downtown Seattle, LNWM is dedicated to helping high-net-worth individuals and families manage, preserve, invest, grow, and eventually distribute their wealth. As a member of the client services team, the Trust Associate will assist Directors (Advisors) and Analysts in creating a comprehensive wealth management strategy for our clients by providing trust administration and wealth planning support. Specifically, the Trust Associate will provide key administrative support to our Trust Resource Group including, but not limited to:
- Account administration, such as reviewing, submitting, scanning, and maintaining documentation, opening and closing accounts, and collecting and coordinating tax reports/forms.
- Cash management duties including monitoring daily transactions and weekly cash balances, evaluating disbursement requests according to trust documents, and preparing discretionary distributions and documentation.
- Client communication and deliverables, such as coordinating client meetings and preparing periodic reports, presentations, and client-initiated requests.
- Internal support and administration including backing up the front desk and colleagues, ensuring compliance with all protocols, and maintaining positive and effective team communication.
- Minimum of two years' experience in private wealth management, trust services, and/or client services within the finance industry.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Professional certifications are not necessary but are a plus.
- Prior experience reviewing trust documents and/or working on trusts is a plus.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical and research skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment that strives for consensus wherever possible and seeks success of the team rather than the individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as evidenced by ability to interact with clients and co-workers professionally, personally, and effectively and contribute to a respectful work environment.
- Portrays a professional company image both internally and externally.
- High ethical standards and the ability to place the clients’ needs before one’s own.
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential subject matter.
- Ability to stay current in industry knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to take on new responsibilities as business and organization needs require.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic accounting skills.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); willing to take a skills assessment. Other software applications, such as financial software tools, are a plus.
Candidates must meet all employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background & credit checks and any pre-employment examinations, signing of all employee agreements, and have the ability to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities set forth in a consistent and efficient manner.
Benefits: Laird Norton Wealth Management offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, generous time off, flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care, 401(k) plan, paid transportation pass, and more.