Hourly Rate: $9.30/hour + tips
Status: Seasonal-Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating a day worth repeating for our guests ensuring “Legendary” service and food quality throughout our Food and Beverage outlets.
As a Server at Arapahoe Basin, you are responsible for taking guest orders and serving food and beverage items to tables in accordance with guest preference and Abasin operating procedures to ensure the best guest experience possible.
This role also includes dealing with guest complaints, opening and closing side work as well as ensuring continued cleanliness of the restaurant.
A-Basin employees look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic. We are known not only for our A-mazing skiing/ riding but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
Apply Now and come join our Food & Beverage team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401 (k) for eligible employees.
- Paid time Off for all full-time employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Interacts in a professional, friendly, and timely manner with a variety of guests. Must anticipate guest's needs and extend hospitality to all.
- Service guests in a table service environment in accordance with Arapahoe Basin service standards. Works as a team to ensure the best service in the restaurant is provided.
- This position requires a person with high energy, self-direction, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Follows F&B cash handling policies including transaction and change making procedures. Responsible for an accurate cash drop.
- Maintaining a clean and presentable restaurant at all times, as well as completing weekly cleaning tasks in a timely manner.
- Completes opening and closing procedures (side work) according to Manager's instruction
- Makes sure all areas are stocked with supplies and notifies any product or equipment needs in accordance to F&B procedures.
- A-Basin loves the environment! Help by maintain a bussing station that includes landfill trash, recycling, and compost. Help educate our guests about our Sustainability Policies at A-Basin.
- Required to provide own non slip footwear. We provide a uniform and expect it to be worn daily in a professional manner including your nametag.
- All other duties as assigned. Could be asked to help in any Food and Beverage roll with Manager's instruction.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- Tips certification – preferred.
- Previous food service experience strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to keep focus in a crowded setting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a productive team player.
- Use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Must provide own non-slip footwear.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- You will work in a table service restaurant environment with most time spent working indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some outside work in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. A very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction is involved in this role.