Starting Pay: $15 per hour
Status: Seasonal-Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Arapahoe Basin Lift Operators enjoy working with guests, and aim to provide exceptional customer service every day.
We are passionate about skiing/snowboarding and enjoy sharing that enthusiasm with our guests. One thing is for sure, we work hard and we play hard.
As a Lift Operator you assist in the loading and unloading of passengers on aerial tramways, tow ropes and surface lifts.
Lift Operators are also responsible for ensuring lift tickets are valid and assisting guests with any ticket issues.
Other responsibilities include maintaining lift areas by shoveling and raking snow, removing ice and setting up lift mazes.
Why not make skiing and snowboarding part of your daily job? Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Perks and Benefits for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- Option for ski/ride break each shift.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401 (k) for eligible employees.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) or sick pay for all employees.
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Interact positively with guests and seeks to assist with any guest concerns to provide a day worth repeating.
- Complete CPTSB specified training requirements to safely operate tramway.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of ANSI standards and applications upon successful completion of training.
- Demonstrate knowledge of lift emergency procedures upon successful completion of training.
- Maintain area surrounding machinery throughout the day including proper snow levels, ramp maintenance and rope closures.
- Checks lift tickets and passes for valid access using RFID technology and reports issues to lead, supervisor, or managers.
- Communicate information with guests, co-workers, ski patrol and other ski area personnel throughout the day.
- Maintain message board with up-to-date communication.
- Maintain tidy and safe work area; including proper storage of tools.
- Maintain lift maze throughout the day including ropes, snow work and management of lanes as volume dictates.
- Maintain clean and tidy locker room.
- Support emergency evacuation of chairlift if necessary.
- Ski or snowboard safely to and from Lift Terminals.
- Previous guest service experience preferred but not required.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Ski or Snowboard at an intermediate level or higher.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Speak, read and write in English.
- Can work outside while standing in a high alpine, wintery environment for up to 8 hours.
- Bend, twist, kneel, pull, push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Visually and audibly inspect for irregularities in machinery.
- You will work almost 100% of the time outside in a cold, snowy, high alpine, environment. Noise levels of machinery can be high and exposure to heights is frequent. You will work with guests frequently on a daily basis. Riding a chairlift is required for this role.
- Provide necessary equipment for skiing/ snowboarding and for working in a high alpine environment.
Lift Operations Staging Program:
Lift Operators are eligible for a staging program based on performance and learned skills which relates to applicable pay. See below for Lift Operator Level II requirements.
Lift Operator I: See requirements above
Lift Operator II: Starting Pay: $15.25+
Fulfils all Lift Operator I duties in addition to the following:
- 60 Days of experience working as Lift Operator I with positive 30 and 60-day reviews.
- Complete all departmental safety trainings and snow blower training.
- Complete all drive terminal training checklists.
- Swing and bump chairs on all lifts requiring this technique.