Starting Pay: $15.25+ per hour
Status: Seasonal-Hourly (Non-Exempt)
The Rental Shop Team at Arapahoe Basin is committed to giving our guests a day worth repeating every time they enter our Rental and Tune shop. We are passionate about Skiing and Snowboarding and love sharing that passion with our guests.
As a Tune Shop Technician at Arapahoe Basin, you will work as a team to provide exceptional tuning service for the guest’s gear while answering questions and providing legendary customer service. The Tune Shop Technician operates the Base N’ Edge Tune Shop with responsibilities of high-quality tune service and knowledgeable guest interactions. Responsible for day-to-day business operations that include timely service, maintenance of tune shop equipment and cleanliness of the Tune Shop a top priority.
This position will perform maintenance and repairs on ski and snowboard equipment for guests and the rental fleet. Position will also assist with rental shop operation depending on business volume. Tune Shop Technician will fulfill any other duties the Rental Manager and Assistant Manager assigns and represents Arapahoe Basin in a professional manner.
If you are passionate about the ski industry and want to work in one of the most beautiful places on earth, what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Work 4, 10-hour shifts. 3 days off.
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401 (k) for eligible employees.
- Paid time Off for all full-time employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Promotes the culture, values, and mission of Arapahoe Basin.
- Work as a team to provide exceptional customer service to all guests in the rental and tune shop to provide them with a day worth repeating.
- Works with Tune and Rental Shop staff on a day-to-day basis to maintain tune shop standards of service, timeliness and cleanliness.
- Understands and performs all levels of tune functions including binding mounting, binding certifications, Crystal One tune services, base welds, side wall repairs, edging, waxing, etc.
- Understand and communicate the tune shop services to ensure the best match for the guests
- Executes rental fleet maintenance program and tunes rental fleet on timely basis.
- Maintains Montana Tuning Equipment including regular cleaning/maintenance.
- Works with Rental Shop staff and acts as Rental technician when needed.
- When needed fit guests with their needed rental equipment including boots, helmets, skis/snowboard, ski poles, etc.
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard.
- Ensures that equipment testing, tuning and accident procedures are followed
- Look for ways to improve processes, guest experience and employee experience regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned