The Business Analyst will help analyze departmental data, programs, and operations. This person will play a critical role in delivering high-quality, high-velocity decision-making information utilizing both self-help data solutions and live support. The Business Analyst also uses process improvement methodologies that are focused on measuring and improving quality, cost-effectiveness, efficiency, member satisfaction, and other desired business outcomes. The Business Analyst can collaborate across many business functions and support the business in implementing its strategic vision.
- Using internal systems and data, develop and drive forward-thinking business processes and systems that promote increased efficiency and productivity.
- Identify, capture, and design current business information and processes.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating future requirements, uncovering areas for improvement.
- Partner with the Marketing Manager, to assess market data, including competitors, and identify areas where the company can increase its efforts.
- In partnership with the Emerging Markets Leader Team, develop and implement solutions that improve and streamline processes and help the division meet its goals.
- Collaborate with Business Development leaders and the Financial analyst in weekly meetings by creating and maintaining month-end sales reports.
- Examine monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports to identify sales patterns and areas for improvement, comparing actual sale data to revenue projections and expectations.
- Stay on top of trends daily, historical data to help the team with adjusting forecast/schedules as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Able to use business systems and technology to produce high-quality reports and data analytics.
- Able to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis.
- Able to recognize potential problems and solve or escalate accordingly.
- Competencies in facilitation and negotiation, business writing, presentation skills, problem-solving, systems thinking, leadership, and influencing.
- Perform work accurately with strong attention to detail.
- Strong business communication skills; able to write/speak clearly and professionally for various audiences including senior leadership, technical teams, and member support teams.
- Able to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a business analyst position or business process experience and/or a combination of experience and education.
- Experience performing queries, analyzing data, and producing high-quality management reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language (preferred).
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
This position is self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position works in a virtual office environment utilizing a computer and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders, and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The position may require to travel up to 5%.