Would you like to earn $15.00 per hour?
If so, we are looking for an engaging, energetic, and customer-focused individual to work in our La Grange and Western Springs branches as a Teller. Teller experience is not necessary as training will be provided.
FNBC Bank & Trust is committed to our communities, customers and employees. As an employer, we offer comprehensive benefits in a close-knit organization that values our team members.
JOB SUMMARY: Conduct financial transactions between customers and the bank, handle routine customer inquiries and problems and maintain favorable customer and employee relations by performing the following duties.
- Follow customer service procedures to ensure they are met to the highest standards consistently.
- Receive and process checking and savings account transactions; Note and verify significant information as required by bank policy/procedure. Ensure that bank procedures are followed when performing transactions on the teller machine and other equipment as required. Maintain favorable customer relations through proper handling of all collection and disbursement functions. Exercise discretion, judgment, and initiative regarding transaction problems and inquiries.
- Maintain adequate working funds as required by bank policy. Verify and balance assigned cash drawer daily with minimal cash variances. Assist in reconciling errors or discrepancies for self and other tellers.
- Issue cashier’s checks, travelers checks and money orders. Process the redemption of bonds.
- Open night deposit vault logging the contents in log book, distributing the contents to proper individuals and processing all deposits and other transactions using dual control at all times.
- Process incoming mail transactions per bank procedures.
- As needed, purchase working money supply from vault.
- May prepare (type) necessary forms for proper completion of Bank Secrecy Act requirements, including obtaining appropriate documentation from customer or non-customer.
- Receive and answer questions on bank transaction services and procedures, maintaining good customer relations at all times. Discuss routine problems related to checking and savings transactions or bank services. Direct customers to appropriate employees for answers to only the most complex problems or inquiries. Refer difficult questions to the teller supervisor or a bank officer.
- Balance ATM, replenish cash supply and ensure the ATM is in working order.
- Count coins. Count and verify currency to sell. Provide dual control when balancing the working fund. Accumulate mutilated currency to be shipped out.
- Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous service by providing professional, pleasant greetings, making eye contact, smiling and addressing the customer by name.
- Assist customers with safe deposit access.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer account information. Follow established policies and procedures in responding to inquiries and requests.
- Have ability to identify customers' financial services needs and cross-sell services to meet those needs. Advise customers on promotional items and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strong communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adequate vision for significant amount of computer work.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time, repetitive use of hands and fingers (typing and calculations).
- Occasional lifting.
FNBC Bank & Trust is and EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.