The Security Solutions Engineer will focus on the pre-sale design and post-sale support of Physical Security, including camera and door access security solutions across a variety of manufacturer suppliers. Manufacturers include but are not limited to: Genetec, Avigilon, Axis, and S3. Responsible for engineering designs and pricing for new installations and implementing upgrades/migrations for existing installations. The Security Solutions Engineer represents a high level of technical expertise, working independently and experience within the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
• Preparation of timely and accurate engineered solutions for a variety of integrated security solutions; including: access control, CCTV/IP video surveillance, intrusion detection, identity management, electronic locking hardware, biometrics and associated infrastructure.
• Generation of technical Scopes of Work (SOW) and detailed design narratives for engineered solutions and associated cost estimates.
• Manage engineering and estimation process to include interfacing with multiple representatives of sales, marketing, management, vendor and customer teams.
• Responsible for engineering and the associated cost estimate for mid-level, large and complex integrated security projects.
• Analyze blueprints, construction drawings and technical/functional design specifications to prepare compliant engineered solutions and associated cost estimates.
• Perform needs analysis meetings and job site walks with customers and the sales team.
• Research emerging technologies in physical security market and train sales staff on new offerings/solutions.
• Develop engineered solutions that map customer business requirements to security technology solutions.
• Technical advisor and product advocate during the sales/engineering process.
• Interface with product and distribution partners to obtain systems, device and equipment pricing during engineering process.
• Support the sales team by participating in technical discussions and meetings with customers and product partners.
• Support the sales team in activities and technical presentations in front of prospects and customers.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in physical security industry or 2.5+ years in pre-sales support/estimating position with access control and CCTV/IP video surveillance experience.
• CAD and/or Documentation software experience
• Basic understanding of server, storage and networking architectures.
• Industry certifications: Axism, Hanwha, HID, Genetec (design only), Avigilon (design only)
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with expanding customer base.
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage deadlines and have excellent follow-up skills in order to drive tasks to completion.
• Must be professional and polished in appearance and be comfortable speaking to small groups of managers and technical and/or facility personnel
• Associate’s degree: