The SVP, Relationship Officer in is responsible for building and maintaining a profitable and risk-appropriate portfolio of loan and deposit clients.
- Results: Consistently achieves results, meeting or exceeding production goals and metrics (loans, deposits, and fees) as outlined in department goals.
- Business Development: Demonstrates a strong ability to actively and independently identify and develop the Bank’s largest and most complex loan relationships and deposit opportunities that support production goals and align with the Bank’s strategic plan.
- Relationship Management: Manages a portfolio of major clients and prospects. Responsible for the management of that portfolio through the delivery of exceptional client service consistent with our Client Service Standards (defect-free, timely, and caring). Ultimately responsible for the content of credit presentations, ensuring the write up sufficiently and appropriately summarize the analysis of the sources of repayment using a risk-based approach as well as identifying structural and risk mitigating components of the credit accommodation.
- Documentation: Strong expertise and experience with the loan process to coordinate accurate documentation of all components of the approved credit accommodation, including perfection of collateral. May partner with bank counsel on complex credits and structures.
- Analysis & Underwriting: Works with Credit Analysis staff to ensure the preparation of credit presentations. Oversees and contributes to producing work product that may include historical and projected business and personal cash flow, global cash flow, collateral analysis of real and personal property, understanding/analysis of economic and competitive environment of the borrower and/or industry, recommending appropriate covenants, and monitoring of the credit accommodation.
- Credit Administration: Responsible for the periodic review of borrower reporting and ongoing account monitoring for compliance with reporting requirements and covenants. Works with the team to ensure ticklers are updated the electronic credit files are up to date and accurate. Operates with broad latitude for credit decisions.
- Collaboration: Partners with other revenue staff on calls and in closing to ensure client experience aligns with our Client Service Standards. Serves as an expert resource and provides guidance for other Relationships Officers, Analysts and Loan Administrators within the team. Works collaboratively across credit and lending teams to identify opportunities for enhanced client service.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely, and caring client service
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Strong knowledge of financial statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- An independent, quick learner
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- Demonstrate self-motivation and present a resourceful work ethic
- Understands credit risk and mitigates the banks loan loss exposure; demonstrate sound risk management decisions
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Required Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with emphasis on business or finance and a minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial lending (Business or Private Banking); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel is expected for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.