The Director of Corporate Communications (DCC) works to propel CSD’s brand and image through consistent messaging and strategy. The DCC oversees the development of brand collateral, develops internal and external communications and marketing strategies, and collaborates with the CSD Leadership team and Board of Directors, internal cross-functional teams and requestors to coordinate and promote corporate events. The DCC acts as a liaison with media to help the brand gain exposure in local, national and international media.
- On behalf of the CEO and Board of Directors, creates and executes successful internal and external communications programs that strengthen leaders’, managers’, and employees’ engagement and understanding of CSD brand, philosophy, values, and objectives and build a positive tone for the entire organization.
- Defines and delivers global messaging and communications in line with company strategy and values to ensure a clear understanding of organizational initiatives; Provides communication materials to Marketing team for distribution via social media and external communication channels
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to promote and positively represent the organization through internal and external communication
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for communicating on behalf of the organization that represents the corporate identity, and promotes and supports the organizations mission
- Coordinate internal and external presentations and development of presentation materials on behalf of CEO and Board of directors
- Seeks new methods and creative strategies to increase internal and external awareness of key events and changes in the organization including the launch of new products, special events, local and global community service, and other topics of interest
- Facilitate media requests on behalf of the corporation; collaborate on public relations with Public Relations / Creative / Marketing / Engagement (PCME) team
- Actively monitor and curate the corporate website content and CSD social spaces to ensure all publicly available information is accurate and up to date; collaborate with PCME on new corporate content development and distribution and support correcting misinformation and engage to respond to concerns when appropriate
- Responds to community inquiries on behalf of the CEO and Board of Directors
- Collaborates with PCME and Unites Community Foundation (UCF) on sponsorships and other support requests received by CSD
- Collaborates with Human Resources / Talent & Culture (HRTC) on internal company communication workflow including communication structure, roles and mediums
- Coordinates crisis response planning on behalf of CEO and Board of Directors and in close collaboration with PCME/HRTC
- Supports activities to promote the CSD brand and organization via certifications, awards, and other recognition
- Coordinates efforts to secure speaking engagements for CSD leadership team and Board of Directors at high profile events to advance company profile and goals
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:?
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills required; ability to assimilate strategic information and convert it into clear and concise messages appropriate to different audiences and objectives. Strong listening and relationship-building skills
- Strong project management skills, including analysis, planning, prioritization, and attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with many different cross-functional teams
- Ability to use tact and professionalism including in times of extreme stress
- Proficiency in Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Social Media Platforms, Google Analytics and email software (such as Infusionsoft, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Ability to navigate considerable ambiguity; asking questions in a partnership-forward way, knowing when to consult vs when to answer questions independently
- Ability to adapt and respond to difficult questions and issues
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to create, implement, and apply a budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience (Masters PREFERRED)
- At least ten years of professional experience in corporate communication, organizational communication, public relations, or related communication field
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position is largely self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position works in a virtual office environment utilizing a computer and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders, and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The position may require travel up to 10%.