The Program Staff holds the primary responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of activities and programs. He/she is expected to help create and maintain a professional environment where the Camp For All mission is carried out through high quality programs.
List of Essential Duties
• Participates in staff orientation and training for Camp For All programs
• Obtains optional program certifications, including, but not limited to life guarding, challenge course, etc.
• Obtains required CPR training
• Exhibits the ability to manage an assigned program activity, including planning and adapting the activity to the camper’s special needs
• Work with Program Supervisors to maintain and upkeep program activity areas. Demonstrates the desire to learn, understand and adapt to the needs of the individual camper
• Follows all safety standards set by Camp For All and the Assistant Camp Director in accordance with Texas Department of Health and American Camping Association
• Immediately corrects any safety infractions and/or reports such to supervisor
• Displays the ability and desire to work as a “team” with the program management team as well as other program staff
• Manages free time in a responsible manner so as to be fully prepared for each user group
• Follows a variety of instructions, procedure manuals and safety rules
• Maintains flexible work schedule with the ability to work extended hours as needed for weekends worked.
• Requires at least a 3 weekend commitment for the season.
• Attendance at training weekend required.
The Program Staff reports directly to the Program Manager.
Weekend program staff will receive housing and meals and a stipend of $175 for each full weekend worked.
• High School diploma (or equivalent)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Experience in leadership and/or volunteer roles
• Desire to work with the special needs population