Reporting directly to the Communications Manager, the Marketing Data Analyst’s (MDA) primary function is to own, maintain and develop data-guided proposals for implementing marketing activities to support the targets of the organization, as well as producing frequent dashboard reports on results of previous campaigns and lessons learned.
· The MDA’s primary role will be the maintain oversight of targeting tools and metrics across a range of platforms, including Google Analytics, social platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tik Tok), and Email/SMS marketing via Marketing Cloud.
· MDA will also work with Media Buying to understand and report on the performance of bought media campaigns.
· In addition, the MDA will be responsible for reviewing business targets (for job placement, recruitment, etc.) across a range of initiatives, and progress towards achieving goals, working with the data team to understand results and provide gap analysis reports with proactive recommendations on how to close gaps.
· Finally, the MDA will produce regular reporting on the effectiveness of communications and outreach activities for review by Communications Manager, Chief Marketing Officer and the Executive Leadership Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Liaise with member of the communication team to understand organizational requirements in terms of job placements, recruitment, and community outreach.
· Review performance of social media activity to determine effectiveness and improve targeting.
· Review performance of email and SMS marketing to determine effectiveness and improve targeting.
· Review performance of bought media activity to determine effectiveness and propose enhancements.
· Review community outreach activity to identify geographic performance metrics and identify areas of opportunity.
· Attend meetings with program teams to fully understand hiring or recruitment goals and timings.
· Serve as early warning for potential shortfalls in above activity, and propose approaches that will close gaps.
· Work with Data Team to understand data in Salesforce that can be leveraged in marketing and other outreach activity.
· Work with data team, communications team and outside contractors to ensure seamless flow of data between Marketing Clouds and Salesforce.
· Develop an understanding of workforce related data sourcing and develop reports for management review.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Marketing Data Analyst must have a sound basis of understanding of digital landscape and internet functionality. Candidate must be able to perform and serve as a link between the Communications, Data, and Program Departments. Excellent communications skills are a key requirement, along with the ability to take direction and work toward established goals, and a high degree of attention to detail. Must have high degree of experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, Google, Social and Digital analytics. Knowledge of or experience working with Salesforce would be beneficial. Must have demonstrated experience and be able to consistently exhibit excellent verbal and written skills.
An Associate’s degree or higher in computer information systems, database management, marketing or social media analytics or a related discipline is preferred. Three (3) years’ experience working in a fast-paced agency or client digital media environment would be considered a benefit, but is not required.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
Background check and drug screen required.
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.