Reporting directly to the Digital Coordinator (DC), the Digital Communications Specialist’s (DCS) primary function is to provide assistance and support to the Communications work stream across a range of communications activities.
· The DCS’s primary support role will be to provide support for digital marketing including performing data related tasks in Salesforce Marketing Cloud like troubleshooting data problems, creating data extensions, and liaising with the Data Team, and executing website updates, social media posts, and e-newsletters, including recording and reviewing analytics and recommendations for improvements.
· In addition, the DCS will work to source, create and execute original content and curate relevant 3rd party content for use across digital media, working with agency, graphic design and web development partners, as well as internal programmatic subject matter experts.
· The DCS will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records for stakeholder management and a database of communications assets, including logos, photography, designs and other digital and physical content.
· Finally, the DCS will be responsible for proofreading communications elements to ensure consistency and accuracy of materials being reviewed.
· In all cases, the DCS will maintain the Communications Team ‘To Do’ list and convene frequent conference calls of all team members to ensure alignment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide excellent customer service
· Liaise with Data Team to answer data related questions
· Help execute marketing campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
· Update website content as may be required, working with website developers where needed.
· Assist with maintaining social media channels, in particular, taking note of which posts gain the most visibility, views, clicks, shares, etc., compiling the statistics and analytics, and reporting findings to the Communications Team and specifically the Marketing Data Analyst (MDA)
· Assist Communications Team with posting content to LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok
· Work with other managers and or designated staff to source content for communications activities at the direction of the DC
· Maintain an accurate database of DESC stakeholders, including partners, elected and public officials, media and 3rd party organizations, working with DC and Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC)
· Maintain and organize an accurate record of digital assets, including photography, designs and agreements with 3rd parties
· Develop an understanding of workforce-related data sourcing, and develop reports for management review, working with the MDC.
· Proofread all communications material, ensuring accuracy of grammar and syntax, and consistency with other approved communications materials.
· Process orders in a timely manner to ensure compliance with communications deadlines, while ensuring the required quality of final deliverables.
· Perform related duties as required.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Digital Communications Specialist must have a sound basis of understanding of digital landscape and internet functionality. Candidate must be able to perform and serve as a link between the Communications, Data, and Program Departments, as well as being the first point of contact for 3rd party agencies working in the design, public relations, or related fields. Excellent communications skills are a key requirement, along with the ability to take direction and work toward established goals, and a high degree of attention to detail. Must have high degree of experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and website platforms; i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and understand how to originate and post content; as well as exhibit ability to handle webmaster tools and Google Analytics. An understanding of WordPress, Drupal and MailChimp is preferred. Must have demonstrated experience and be able to consistently exhibit excellent verbal and written skills.
An Associate’s degree or higher in computer information systems, database management, business administration, marketing communications or a related discipline is preferred. Three (3) year’s experience working in a fast-paced customer service environment would be considered a benefit, but is not required.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
Background check and drug screen required.
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.