The American Public Power Association is looking for a Director of Grid Modernization and Security to be responsible for work on APPA’s advanced grid operations efforts and high-level cyber security efforts. The director will interface with federal agencies and member utilities to ensure member needs and positions are well represented. The director will also be responsible for assisting with APPA’s efforts on the Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council.
The Director of Grid Modernization and Security’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing targeted federal agency work on advanced technologies relevant to public power for appropriate consideration of the public power business model.
- Coordinating, representing, and advocating on behalf of membership through participation in appropriate external industry groups, including the Electricity Sector Coordinating Council (ESCC).
- Monitoring grid security and resiliency issues and intelligence from a variety of sources and if needed synthesizing and sharing with the membership in a timely manner..
- Educating members and government agencies on the specific needs of the APPA membership during cyber and physical events.
- Interacting with the Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and other relevant agencies in response to security and grid modernization-related issues that might affect the APPA membership.
- Providing subject matter expertise, support, and oversight of relevant cooperative agreements, grants, and research projects, as needed.
- Developing and providing technical input on solicitations for comment from federal agencies, as needed.
- Presenting relevant information on behalf of APPA at member-related meetings and events.