At Franklin Madison we are transforming our business and re-imagining our best-in-class insurance direct marketing and data services. We are looking for curious, self-driven professionals to help drive our business forward!
The Java Developer will be a part of the in-house IT team to develop and maintain back end systems & processes. If you are passionate about improving customer experience using state of art technology and want to bring vision to life, join Franklin Madison and use your talents to help build our future!
- Define, document and maintain best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Research support issues, business requests, and potential solutions.
- Collaborate with others on existing systems, new technologies, design techniques, etc.
- Design and build new subsystems or major enhancements to existing systems in line with Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Provide analysis and support for the various systems supported by the team
- Adhere to standards including coding, testing, and methodology.
- Participate in code review process for peers.
- Exercise an in-depth understanding of specific tools or technologies applicable to our business.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design.
- Perform/ensure quality assurance by reviewing testing results and performing code review
- Effectively communicate with business partners, peers and management.
- Participate in off-hours support (on call) of production systems and processes on a rotation basis.
- Responsible for problem resolution and correction of production/operational problems as assigned.
- Mentor others in areas of expertise, including current technologies, systems, business practices, and standards.
- Assists in developing and improving procedures, standards, and best practices
- hands-on experience with REST and SOAP web services development using Java 8/J2EE – Spring Framework and Hibernate, JPA
- Experience with web application standards and technologies like Spring Batch, Spring Boot, XML, XSD, XSLT, WSDL, JAXB and JSON
- Exposure to one or more of the following application servers: Tomcat, JBoss and/or WebLogic
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience working on DB like Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Exposure with the following build and deployment tools - Ant, Maven, Jenkins
- Exposure with source control tools (e.g. Subversion, GIT )
- In addition to the Java back end experience, a comfort with AngularJS, Angular 10 and above and Bootstrap is needed
- Exposure with Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence
- REACT is optional now but ready to support when needed
- Working knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Nodejs, Python and Shell scripting experience is a plus
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills as well as analysis and problem-solving skills
- A great attitude, personal desire & drive to produce amazing work!
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States.