Staach is looking for an Interior Design Associate to join our small but mighty team. As an Interior Design Associate, you will report to the Senior Project Designer as you work to develop, refine, and document designs, concepts, and details, research new products and systems, and assist with any other project-related tasks. Additionally, you will collaborate with our Product Design and Production teams to design & fabricate custom furniture and millwork made here in our Rochester production facility. This position is an opportunity to engage your passion for design, contribute your voice and vision to local and national projects, all while engaging new concepts that connect our studio’s design narratives into an engaging space.
** Please include a PDF formatted cover letter along with your portfolio and any examples of your work experience (combine cover letter and work samples/portfolio into a single document). Please upload this as one document within the job application where it provides you an opportunity to attach your cover letter.
For you, skill and proficiency with technology is just the beginning. Your creative problem-solving abilities combined with technological advancements, such as Building Information Modeling (BIM), or even Generative Algorithm Programming, are not restraints that keep you stuck in front of a computer screen, but are the foundational tools that you utilize to work as effectively as possible. With these tools you are freer to explore the outer boundaries of your creativity and push your design expertise into new territories.
You are motivated by a good challenge and love to share your ideas with the team, providing a fresh perspective in pursuit of thoughtful solutions. You are highly organized, love diving into projects, and strive to solve problems on your own, but open to work with your team when you need a little help. You are a team-player and enjoy collaborating with other designers and makers, using your excellent interpersonal skills.
Skills & Requirements
- Document, measure, and accurately illustrate existing building conditions
- Draft and model all aspects of an architectural project
- Coordinate and integrate design data from project managers, consultants, and clients
- Develop design concepts for presentation to lead designers and clients
- Graphic design and page layout, including photography and image editing
- Research and document materials, systems, applicable codes, and precedents
- Develop and organize digital and physical resource libraries
- Maintain consistency and standards throughout project files
- Communicate with clients and consultants
- Effective interpersonal communication in writing and speaking
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent customer service and client relations
- Exceptional organization, goal-setting, and time management
- Collaborative ability to work between multiple teams
- Detailed project management
- Ability to use computers, software, and other technology
- Able to multitask between project and design-related administrative work
- Attention to detail and craftsmanship
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents, such as schematics and drawings
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Minimum four-year design degree program (Interior Design or Architecture preferred) or equivalent experience
- Competent in relevant 2D/3D CAD and BIM technologies
Required: Revit, AutoCAD, Enscape, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
Bonus: Rhino, VisualARQ, Grasshopper, Keyshot, Fusion 360
- Comprehensive understanding of space design and construction processes
- Familiarity with building codes
- Independent time and task management
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate new technologies into daily tasks
- LEED AP or GA qualifications favorable
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluent English: reading and speaking
- Must have an excellent work ethic, consistent attendance, and must be able to work overtime or at remote sites, as necessary
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Qualified to work in the United States
Does this sound like you? We are excited to hear from you and take this to the next level.
Please include a PDF formatted cover letter along with your resumé and any examples of your work experience (combine resumé and work samples into a single document). Digital portfolios are welcomed and accepted. Please be sure to include a working link to your online or cloud-based portfolio.
Staach is an equal opportunity employer and believes diversity builds a better community. We welcome qualified applicants of any race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.