The VP of Mortgage Operations has overall operational responsibility to manage oversight of all loan life cycle activities, including processing, underwriting, closing and post-closing areas of Devon Bank’s mortgage business across all locations. This role will also manage our vendors and servicing partners. He/she is responsible for overseeing hiring, driving operational efficiency through high employee contact and engagement, and ensuring overall customer satisfaction and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary role of the Mortgage Operation Manager is to:
- Manage mortgage operations team members, which includes managing the performance, development, and training of direct reports, including training on clients’ systems
- Oversee workload for direct reports
- Ensure pipeline meetings are managed and conducted on a regular basis
- Partner with origination management and staff to improve and maintain application quality, identify training needs and areas of improvement
- Leads and attends regular meetings
- Oversees and implements process improvements
- Maintains and improves policies and procedures
- Lead expansion and development of the team.
- Coordinate implementation and enhancement of operational systems and procedures.
- Manage group performance through a strategic vision to meet or exceed established goals.
- Ability to scale processes to allow the team to efficiently operate and grow.
- Leads continual process improvement initiatives to reduce unnecessary redundancies and ensures any process creates quality (e. g. accuracy and compliance), cost, service (e. g. client experience) or delivery (e. g. cycle time and data accuracy) advantages.
- Maintains strong working relationships with key business partners to help grow and improve our operations
- Designs and implements business strategies – budgeting, planning and evaluation of the operation
Key Performance Indicators:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Reduced costs
- Employee Engagement and Talent Development
- Business Transformation
- 5+ years of experience (preferably in banking and financial services) with at least 2 years’ managing a Mortgage Operations unit
- Experience in mortgage processing, servicing, loss mitigation and business process outsourcing
- Ideally managed mortgage end-to-end, or at least fulfillment and forbearance
- Working knowledge of mortgage underwriting, back office processes and operations management
- Possesses strong, natural analytic abilities - numerical sense
- Experience in process redesign required
- Must have good communication skills and experience – leads from the front
- Track record of driving high levels of employee satisfaction and performance
- Proven and demonstrated hands-on management philosophy
- Experience in driving an operation through changes
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Finance or a related discipline preferable) preferred
- Financial/Cost management
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HRCommunications@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)- 465-2500.