Starting Pay Range: $15-$19 per hour DOE
Status: Seasonal-Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Snow Sports instructors are eligible for a staging program that relates to applicable pay at the time of hire and continued into their employment based on experience. See below for specific details.
At the Arapahoe Basin Snow Sports School, we like to have fun while doing great work and hope to instill a love of the snow sports industry in every guest we meet.
We want all of our instructors to have rewarding careers working alongside people they can trust and respect.
As a Snow Sports Instructor at Arapahoe Basin, you will teach skiing/snowboarding to adults, children, and families in a high energy, high alpine environment while nurturing a love of snow sports and creating a day worth repeating.
If you are passionate about skiing or snowboarding and want to share that passion with others in one of the most beautiful places on earth, A-Basin is the place for you!
Apply Now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Ski for your job and get unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- PSIA/AASI exam reimbursement and pay increase upon successful completion
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401 (k) for eligible employees.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for all full-time employees.
- End of Season Bonus.
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Introduce guests to Snow Sports and the culture of Arapahoe Basin.
- Create a safe and fun learning atmosphere while providing excellent customer service to create a day worth repeating for A-Basin guests.
- Accurately describe and demonstrate how to ski and/or snowboard while adapting to the specific skill level of any individual guest.
- Work with kids, adults, and families to nurture a love of the sport
- Understands, adheres to, and educates guests on the Responsibility Code and Skier Safety Act.
- Communicate with others in an honest, accountable, transparent, and respectful manner
- Take ownership of and maintain a specific work schedule
- Make an ongoing effort to improve personal skiing and riding
- Performs other duties as assigned
- PSIA or AASI certification - preferred
- Highschool Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous customer service, teaching, coaching or other related experience – preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently without supervision.
- Instructors must be able to ski, ride, walk, kneel, crawl, carry, reach, stand, stoop, squat and lift equipment or students up to 35lbs while actively teaching and coaching students for the duration of the lesson to complete all daily job duties.
- Ability to withstand a high-altitude environment at all times.
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- Must provide own ski or snowboard equipment and other necessary gear to work outside in a high alpine, snow, cold environment.
- Most time will be spent outside in a high altitude, high alpine snowy environment. Instructors usually wear ski/snowboard equipment for the duration of their shift and are on their feet interacting with customers most of the day.
Snow Sports Instructor Staging Program:
Instructors at A-Basin are eligible for a staging program that starts when hired and continues into employment.
- Compensation: an entry wage of $15.00
- Additions to the entry level wage for experienced, certified pros may include:
- PSIA-AASI Level 1 $1.00/hour
- PSIA-AASI Level 2 $2.25/hour
- PSIA-AASI Level 3 $3.75/hour
- PSIA-AASI Children’s specialist 1 $.50 /hour
- PSIA-AASI Children’s specialist 2 $1.00/hour
- PSIA-AASI Freestyle specialist $.25/hour
- Additions to the entry level wage for inexperienced pros will consider prior experience teaching Snow Sports, outdoor education, or other teaching or guiding experience.
- Further staging guidelines are available upon request and will be provided once hired and started work.