At Devon Bank, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community. We provide a welcoming and accepting culture that comes from our desire to make diversity, respect and service a priority.
We have an opening for a Teller at our Chicago branch located near Western and Devon. If you have a desire to have a great career start and help customers, then Devon Bank is the place for you! In addition to a rewarding career in banking, we also provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a teller, you will handle a multitude of monetary transactions, receive and pay out money and keep records of money and negotiable instruments. Here are some more details on what our tellers do:
· Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and carefully examine checks for proper endorsement.
· Cash checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
· Enter customers' transactions into the computer and issue computer generated receipts.
· Notify Personal Bankers of necessary holds and provide supporting documentation.
· Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compare totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
· Explain, promote, or refer products or services such as traveler’s checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier's checks.
· Assist with Safe Deposit department responsibilities.
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HRCommunications@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)- 465-2500.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE