The target geographic location for this position is our HQ in Carmel, IN. If needed, this position can report to our regional office in New York, NY.
Summary: The Fund Analyst is responsible for assisting senior management in launching and managing new private equity debt funds, as well as other strategic initiatives for Merchants Capital and Merchants Bank of Indiana. The Fund Analyst will initially be responsible for maintaining critical operational functions for debt funds including administrative and compliance components, SEC registrations, custodian services, and investment protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with Loan Officers/Originators and Underwriters to track the progress of loans in pipeline
- Interact with Merchants Capital’s asset management team to monitor the performance of portfolio loans after closing
- Maintain loan pipeline
- Work with closing and fund legal teams to purchase loans
- Interface with investors and warehouse facilities to finance loans
- Gather monthly and quarterly property-level data to aggregate and synthesize reports to investors
- Create short-form credit memos for the investment committee
- Ensure compliance with fund-level underwriting parameters
- Engage in discussions around risks and risk mitigants with committee members
- Ability to work independently and autonomously required.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field, or equivalent professional experience, required.
- Strong interest in learning and experiencing finance, structured products, agency (FNMA/FHLMC) and HUD lending, and fund management required.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role.
Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.