Schedule: Tues- 2:00p-8:30p, Wed-2:00p - 7:00p, Thurs- 2:00p- 8:30p
Performs a wide range of supportive tasks for Farmington Service Center, Youth Outreach Program, and other programs/services provided by the agency. This position reports directly to the Administrative Director of Farmington Service Center. All services provided will be completed in a manner supportive of the Christ-centered mission of PCHAS.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide transportation as requested for clients attending the Youth Outreach Program.
· Provide direct supervision and support to all youth attending the program and report concerns to the program Coordinator or supervisor.
· Assist with planning daily, weekly, and monthly events/activities. Participate in recreational activities/events and groups with youth.
· Assist with staff coverage issues as requested for the Youth Outreach Program.
· Complete shopping for the Youth Outreach Program and per approved requisitions.
· Assist the Youth Outreach Program with preparation of snacks and meals, utilizing youth to assist with clean up as a means for life skills training.
· Provide supportive services to Farmington Service Center programs as requested.
· Maintain cleanliness of all areas in the Youth Outreach Program and utilize cleaning opportunities for clients to gain vocational training.
Work may be in the cottages, Farmington Service Center, the apartment complex, or in the community. Travel for transporting clients is primarily in St Francois County, but could also include the St Louis or surrounding areas for appointments. This position may require bending, reaching, standing, sitting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Must possess a minimum of a High School diploma or GED; social service college courses, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Ability to develop and maintain therapeutic relationships displaying behavioral or emotional issues. Must be able to handle multiple tasks in an organized and professional manner; ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of personal relationships with staff, clients, and community members.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.