Cantoni Trade – Showroom Assistant – LUXURY Furniture Showroom – Dallas, TX
Cantoni Trade has an immediate opening for a Showroom Assistant to join their elite team in Dallas, TX. If you are a highly motivated recent graduate with a design degree, this is your chance to take the next step up in the design field. The Showroom Assistant will assist with the overall operation of the Showroom including assisting the Sales Representatives and General Manager in their normal duties and facilitating the sales process, maintain updates, collateral materials and the overall condition of the resource room. Work directly with sales representatives who are serving the local architect and sales designers in area. Cantoni Trade is the leading contemporary furniture showroom where you represent the highest quality products available. Your assistance will significantly impact their sales, distribution, and most importantly your income while representing the best clients in the industry on projects of all sizes! It is time to be one of the team of go-to people in the Architectural and Design community.
By working out of the Cantoni Trade showroom, located in the prestigious Design District of Dallas, you will be at the epicenter of the design community, in the area where everyone in design field finds their solutions. Be proud of where you work and who you work with.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), employee discounts on merchandise and vacation/sick time. Cantoni is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, and genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you have experience or training in the interior design field and are looking for an entry level opportunity, then Cantoni Trade wants to hear from you!
· Accommodate and be aware of clients/customers in the store. They are our utmost importance and why we are here. Including but not limited to pickups, payments on account, or assistance with a purchase.
· Make sure the UP count is taken and reported to appropriate parties.
· Assist the GM when necessary.
· Assist clients with order status, quotes and balances.
· Running CDR (cash drawer report). Printing and placement of price tags.
· Maintain light bulb supply.
· Assist with visual display, both assist in selection of products and placement in showroom.
· Handle all incoming calls to ensure they are directed to the appropriate party and clients calling in are properly assisted.
· Complete all updates from buying department and inform all designers of any changes/updates of new merchandise/vendors.
· Greet clients and offer drinks as well as stocking refrigerator with drinks and report to appropriate parties.
· Ensure catalog room is clean and organized.
· Make certain all supplies are consistently stocked for all designers.
· Assist GM and representatives with projects, detail sheets, quotes, entering of sales, minor adjustments to s/o, and project presentations in accordance with Cantoni design guidelines, etc.
· Opening/closing of the store on days worked.
· Communicate with vendors as required to achieve above duties
About the Company: Cantoni Trade (FKA Contempo Designs), trade division of Cantoni, offering the finest in modern furniture, accessories for the residential, commercial and hospitality industries, with an outstanding reputation since 1990 with both its peers in the furniture industry and its customer base all over the United States and globally.
Qualified applicants only – NO Recruiters or Staffing firms. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers. Note, this is an entry level position.
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited college.
· Minimum 1 year demonstrated experience in related field.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, SketchUp and CAD
· Strong and proven interpersonal communication skills with all levels of management and staff.
· Strategic written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.