Premier Dental Center, located in San Antonio, Tx is growing and adding a full-time Registered Dental Assistant to our established and patient-centric family practice. As a Dental Assistant with Premier Dental Center YOU are one of the most important resources to fulfill our vision to be the patient experience industry leader. Our Dental Assistants work hard to support our Dentists and apply the principles of trust, honesty, integrity, respect, and commitment. We nurture the growth of each individual on our team, and foster a work environment where diversity is valued.
The Ideal Dental Assistant will be passionate about providing the highest level of service to our patients on a daily basis while supporting our Dentists chairside, and work well in a large team setting. We offer a full-time position working full-time Monday-Friday.
- Welcome patients in the dental office
- Prepare patients for treatments or checkups ensuring their comfort
- Select and set up instruments, equipment and material needed
- Sterilize instruments according to regulations
- Assist the dentist through 4-handed dentistry
- Undertake lab tasks as instructed
- Provide oral hygiene and post-operative care instructions
- Keep the dental room clean and well-stocked
- Schedule appointments
- Maintain accurate patient records and assist with payment procedures
- Ordering dental supplies and keeping track of dental supply inventory.
- Proven experience as dental assistant
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization methods
- Understanding of health & safety regulations
- Ability to perform regulated surgical and non surgical tasks
- Strong computer skills Dentrix is preferred
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Attention to detail
- Well-organized and reliable
- High school diploma; graduating from dental assistant school is preferred
- 3 or more years experience as a Dental Assistant