Wayside Publishing is offering an opportunity for experienced and passionate world language educators to transition their classroom skills into a new setting as a member of our Instructional Development Team. As an Instructional Strategist, you'll work closely with world language teachers as they make instructional shifts to implement Wayside Publishing's proficiency-driven, standards-aligned language learning programs that have interculturality at the heart. In-depth knowledge of and experience with implementing standards-based, world language instruction are critical for this position. Your new colleagues will be our distinguished list of presenters and curriculum coordinators. Working with product development, IT, and marketing staff, you'll empower teachers to make instructional shifts to teach for proficiency. Most importantly, you'll be directly involved in expanding the adoption of proficiency-based language education around the country and having a voice in the pedagogical vision of Wayside Publishing.
This is a full-time, remote position with frequent (up to 50%) travel throughout the US.
Train teachers to implement our programs into their curricula
- Successfully present both in-person and online training for schools who purchase or pilot our language programs.
- Work directly with teachers to ensure a thorough understanding of new materials, the learning management system, and how to use them together well.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with current and prospective customers.
Present and train on proficiency-based teaching and our language products
- Create content for presentations and training resources for our language learning products; these could include in-person, print and video tutorials.
- Conduct in-person workshops, presentations and trainings about language teaching and learning generally and as well as our products specifically.
- Develop content for and submit presentation proposals to national, regional, and state conferences.
- Regularly give workshops and presentations at state, regional, and national conferences.
Facilitate state and district textbook adoptions
- Attend and/or give presentations at events that are required by state and district adoption committees.
- Work with account managers to respond to requests for information.
Produce online content for teachers such as video tutorials, blog posts, and resources
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to develop shareable content about various products for social media.
- Create instructional blog and news posts for the company website and social media.
Assist in the development of new features and products
- Contribute to internal thinking and collaborative groups to shape the pedagogical direction and vision of Wayside.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that products are meeting the needs of teachers and schools.
- Identify and share developments and technology trends in world languages with our product development team and information technology team.
- Research and monitor competitors' products in order to develop and maintain a clear understanding of their approach to language learning.
- Create ancillary and supporting resources for teachers using Wayside products.
- Demonstrates expertise and experience of successful world language teaching.
- Possesses experience with creating and giving presentations for schools, professional organizations, and education conferences.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively deliver in-person presentations and webinars.
- Adopts new technologies with ease.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and at least one additional language.
- Works well independently in a home office environment under limited supervision, as a member of a remote team.
- Lives within commuting distance of a major U.S. airport and enjoys frequent travel (less than 50%).
- Demonstrates unquenchable desire to further language education.
- Possesses a growth mindset and values innovation.
- Takes initiative with a positive, can-do attitude and welcomes feedback.
- Values a friendly, cooperative, and collaborative team environment.
- Is attentive to details and respectful of deadlines.
- Adheres instinctively to basic grammar rules.
- Learns and applies new skills quickly.
- Responds to stressful situations calmly and effectively.
- Is open to feedback and ideas of others.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance with options for supplemental insurances (Dental, Vision, Accident)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability policies paid by the company
- Life insurance policy paid by the company with options for increased coverage
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
Wayside Publishing is a K-12 publisher based in Freeport, Maine. Our language learning strategies embrace and reflect those endorsed by current research and by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. Our goal is to engage students and teachers across the country in the pursuit of interculturality, global citizenship, and lifelong learning. Join our team.
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE